I got this recipe from a Food and Wine Magazine email that I receive every other day with great recipes that are healthy and easy to make. This soup is really easy to make because half the ingredients the recipe calls for are already cooked for you. To save time I bought the rotisserie chicken from the store already cooked and I used the boil-in-a-bag rice since it only takes about 8 minutes to cook.
Here is the excerpt from F&W’s site:
Avgolemono is a classic sauce of chicken broth, egg yolks and lemon juice; the addition of a bit more chicken broth, rice and shredded chicken turns it into a satisfying soup.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups cooked white rice, warmed
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat pulled from the bones and coarsely shredded (1 lb)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill