I recently purchased an iPhone and I have this really amazing recipe app from Whole Foods. There is a feature on the app for you to enter in three ingredients you have on hand in your kitchen and it will give you recipe ideas using these ingredients. Last night I put in quinoa, beans, and onion and a long list of recipes came up but the one that caught my eye was the Quinoa loaf. This recipe is dairy and meat free (vegan) high in fiber and protein and in sugars. This is like a vegan meat loaf minus the meat of course and I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome. I think the next time I make it I will add more seasonings or add corn and jalapeño and give it a Southwest flare.
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil plus more for greasing
- 8 oz button mushrooms, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 15oz can no-salt added garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 rolled oats
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley and/or 1 tbs minced fresh thyme
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1 cup (about 1 onion) red onion, chopped
Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease an 8-inch loaf pan with oil; set aside.