This is a very easy and basic recipe and I had it when I was visiting my family down in Florida last year. The key to this salad is the dressing you make to go along with it.
- 2 tbs raspberry vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp sugar (I used agave nectar since its better for you than sugar)
- 6 tbs olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups salad greens (I followed my mom’s email and also added romaine)
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced in rounds
- crumbled feta cheese (use your judgment)
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
To make the dressing, use a small bowl or a clean and empty jar and mix together all the ingredients. If you are making the salad for more people, just add more of the ingredients.
Put the greens, onions, cranberries and feta cheese in a large bowl and toss with the dressing. Serve with your favorite meal.